If you have a Concrete Patio, then you should be aware of the wear and tear that it will take over time. It is inevitable that your concrete patio will need replacement at some point in the future. If this sounds like something you would like to avoid, read on! This blog post provides 5 reasons why your concrete patio needs replacement now.
- First, cracking or chipping in your concrete patio could be a safety hazard. If concrete starts to crack or chip, then it is telling you that the concrete needs a new layer of concrete. But how do you know when this is happening? Well, one way would be if your concrete patio has become hollow underfoot. Not only does this cause issues with safety and comfort, but also in maintaining the beauty of your concrete patio. If a crack occurs, it is pretty simple to repair.
- Second, concrete patios are a better option for wet areas. If you have a concrete patio and it has been in place for over 20 years, then there is probably some moisture trapped within the cracks of your concrete that needs to be addressed with replacement or sealing. Over time this will cause issues such as weeds growing through the concrete and uneven leveling of your concrete could cause tripping hazards.
- Third, concrete patios can attract dirt and debris. A concrete patio needs to be sealed with an oil or water-repellent sealant in order to avoid becoming a place for dust and dirt buildup. This is especially important if you have children playing on your concrete patio often because it will become dirty more quickly than one without these issues.
- Fourth, concrete can crack and chip from being too hot or cold. If you have a concrete patio in an area where the temperature fluctuates widely throughout the year, then your concrete may need replacement sooner than expected. This is because the concrete doesn’t do well with drastic fluctuations in temperature. Concrete will start to break down during these changes. New concrete today tends to stand the test of time longer and survive better in the elements.
- Fifth, concrete can become uneven with time. This is because concrete will shrink more than it expands over time due to seasonal changes in the weather. As concrete shrinks, it will start to crack and chip easily which could mean you need a new layer of concrete on top of your old concrete slab that has shrunken.
For all of these reasons listed above, it would be a great idea to contact the concrete contractors in Chandler AZ done right.